Table Talk News

Cold Windy Day

Folks today was a cold windy day, so I needed to find something to keep my mind busy. So I decided to work on a quilt. I have had squares cut out on a couple of quilts and decided to work on my lady bug quilt. I love the colors, so bright and cheery!





As I was working on this quilt, the Schwan's man showed up unexpectedly which was alright. After getting a few things from him, I decided to throw a big ham in the oven. I didn't have any pineapple that most people traditionally put on their ham. So I threw some peaches on the ham. Now mind you, this is a last minute decision so the ham was very frozen! I turned the oven on 350* threw the dressed ham in about noon and didn't take it out until about 4:30pm. Drenching it about every hour......turned out really yummy!
Back to the quilt, I will have to see if I can find a backing that will work with these colors which means searching thru lots of material that I have packed in big garbage bags right at this time. Seems getting my sewing room set up is taking its time, I am just now able to take some time to set things up after 7 mos of moving here on the ranch!
Weather is changing quickly, seems winter may actually be here!

Comments

  1. Cute lady bugs!! I love to sew when it's ugly outside. The ham looks delish. We learn to improvise when we live a ways from the store, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes..I have so many projects to do this winter was just waiting for it to get winter!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts